Dear Friends of the Redeemer:
Spring has arrived! And with this new season of sun and flowers, the pandemic appears to be on the wane. Thanks be to God! For the last 18 months we have lived under a shadow that now seems to be passing over, and our little corner of the world turns to new life and new possibilities.
Yesterday, our bishops offered a letter to the diocese lifting most of the restrictions of the “Four Stages” document promulgated in March of 2020. Declining cases, fewer deaths and diminishing positivity rates are great news. Rising numbers of vaccinations and the governor’s lifting of restrictions mean that things at the Redeemer are set to change in earnest. Below you will find a comprehensive list of changes and dates for their implementation. Unless a date is stated specifically, the listed change will begin immediately. If you have any questions about this list or matters contained within it, please give me a call or drop me an email. I am thrilled for these welcome changes.
- Reservations will no longer be required for attendance. Beginning immediately.
- Restroom access will return to pre-COVID practice.
- Attendance will be limited to 60% of total capacity.
- Masks will be worn indoors for all worshippers, choir and clergy. Outdoor mask wearing is optional.
- The choir will be seated within the choir stalls.
- Congregational singing is permitted.
- Streaming of services will continue indefinitely.
- Social distancing between households should be observed when possible.
- The offering plates will be available at the baptismal font before and after services. We will not pass the offering plates for the time being.
- Physical contact at the Peace is still discouraged.
- Reception of communion will take place from the broadstep. Worshippers will be dismissed by rows keeping physical distance as much as possible. The cup will continue to be withheld for the time being. We are investigating other options for the consumption of the wine at communion.
- Service Assistant scheduling will resume for Sundays beginning Sunday, September 12, 2021.
- All parishioners, volunteers and staff are encouraged to be vaccinated.
- Outdoor Coffee Hour consisting of lemonade and cookies will return to the Rectory Garden on Sunday, June 13, 2021.
- Indoor Coffee Hour will return to the Parish Hall on Sunday, September 12, 2021.
Children, Teens and Family Ministries
- Outdoor Sunday School for children will be held beginning on June 27th at 9:45am continuing throughout the entire summer.
- Two Family Picnic Eucharists and Activity Days will take place at Lars Anderson Park on Sunday, July 25th and Sunday, August 29th from noon until 2pm.
- Homecoming Sunday for Children, Teens and Family programming registration will take place on Sunday, September 19th.
- Indoor Sunday School will return on Sunday, September 26th. An outdoor and streaming Sunday School option are being considered for the fall.
- Nursery care will return on Sunday, September 12th.
- Beginning on Monday, May 24th the offices will be open for normal business hours (8:30am – 4:30pm).
- On June 21st the offices will be open for summer hours (M-Th 9am– 3pm and closed on Fridays.)
A regular in-person calendar of events, classes, fellowship opportunities and outreach activities will begin on September 12, 2021.